Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 3 October 2012

Info Post

And it is amazing!!!

I am writing this before the video has even made its way to YouTube, but you can watch the glorious minute and forty seconds RIGHT HERE.

Watch it. Go on, you won't regret it!

Ok, now that you've checked it out, can we gush about it? Cuz I want to gush about it. I am big in to my Italian horror, particularly liking the more visual work of Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci, and it is fair to say Lords of Salem not only gives the maestros a nod, but also gives them a run for their money. The storyline is even a throwback to the golden age of horror (70s and 80s, don't dare go on about Frankenstein with me!), with Zombie's wife Sheri Moon Zombie playing a DJ who plays a mysterious record that brings back a coven of witches who were executed centuries before. That always makes me think of Demons, and though that isn't a great film, it is so high on concept.



Overall, this trailer is the first trailer to actually get me excited. I've been following Lords of Salem since well before it even hit preproduction, and was worried all the amazing things I was seeing were too good to be true, but now I feel like this may in fact be an incredible film. Well, an incredible film for anyone who likes Italian horror. The trailer is even filled to the brim with startling and epic imagery, as all the classics had. 

If you don't think this looks like one of the most unmissable films of recent memory, then you are obviously the kind of person more excited about a sequel to Avatar. We have nothing more to discuss*.

Lords of Salem? Come on, how can you not??


*Please don't leave. I am very insecure. Is that a new haircut? It looks amazing.



UPDATE:
YouTube has come through. Here is the trailer, for those who don't like clicking through links above.




0 comments:

Post a Comment