Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 23 October 2012

Info Post

For the next 30 days, I will be giving my fingers short bursts of exercise by completing the 30 Day Horror Challenge, found here. Hopefully it will give you a bit of insight into what horror is for me. Don't forget to check back every day for a new instalment.


Day 01: A horror movie that delivered a scary theatrical experience.

I could go on again about the fun that was hearing grown men scream at ParanormalActivity 3, but seen as I already gushed about that, I’ll go a different direction and choose the first horror film I saw in the cinema that delivered a fantastically hair-raising experience; The Grudge. Yup, The Grudge. And not the brilliant Japanese Ju-On, but the Sarah Michelle Gellar, dumbed-down US version. People slate it all the time, but The Grudge was the first time I ever experienced an entire cinema audience scream, jump and laugh in relief in unison. I’ll stand by the film (though not its lesser sequels), probably because never before had I seen the profound effect horror could have on a crowd. There were dozens of very different people in that theatre, but when the strep-throated ghoul girl attacked, everyone was completely on the same page. Ridiculously terrifying. Ridiculously fun.



0 comments:

Post a Comment