Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 12 January 2010

Info Post

From thesuperficial, Conan O'Brien released a statement announcing he will not participate in NBC's decision to push The Tonight Show to 12:05 a.m. in order to accommodate a half-hour Jay Leno show at 11:35:

So it has come to this: I cannot express in words how much I enjoy
hosting this program and what an enormous personal disappointment it is for me to consider losing it. My staff and I have worked
unbelievably hard and we are very proud of our contribution to the
legacy of The Tonight Show. But I cannot participate in what I
honestly believe is its destruction. Some people will make the
argument that with DVRs and the Internet a time slot doesn't matter.
But with the Tonight Show, I believe nothing could matter more.

Somewhere Jimmy Fallon just came.

NOTE: For those of you following this debacle religiously, Deus Ex
Malcontent has an awesome audio clip of Patton Oswalt summing up why Jay Leno is a cash-hungry prick. And Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt
Sutter lays out a detailed plan for NBC to pull its head of its
peacock ass

0 comments:

Post a Comment