Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 18 December 2012

Info Post
For the next 30 days (or whenever I stop being lazy and finish it), I will be giving my fingers short bursts of exercise by completing the 30 Day Horror Challenge, found here. Hopefully it will give you a bit of insight into what horror is for me. Don't forget to check back every day for a new installment.


Day 30: Your favourite final scene, scare, or image.

What can I say? The final shot of Tobe Hooper's classic, Texas Chain Saw Massacre, is such a brilliantly strong ending. Beautiful yet terrifying, this disturbed figure wearing someone elses face over their own, dancing around as the titular massacre draws to a close, but there is an unease to this moment. Stop now if you haven't seen the (nearly 40 year old) film, I'm gonna do some spoiling; Leatherface has just had a victim escape, has just watched his brother be run over by a semi, and has cut in to his own leg with the chainsaw accidentally. Yet he dances. It is a dance of some frustration, but for some reason, there seems to be an awful lot of pleasure to it too. And then... cut to black.

Creepy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment