Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 8 August 2012

Info Post
It's been like two weeks or so since I saw Christopher Nolan's final chapter in the EPIC "Dark Knight" trilogy, which I know consider it as "THE TRILOGY". I saw it on the first day it was released, as I usually do with all BIG films.
Obviously the build up to it was amazing. It looked so EPIC, but a part of me was still asking, "Can Nolan pull this one off after the last film?" and now that I've seen it, I can say that it was a brilliant film, with so much action, breath-taking fight scenes, sad moments, great acting and a well deserved ending to end the trilogy off in an extremely satisfying way, but it wasn't "The Dark Knight". Bane was a good villain to end the three films, but he wasn't thee villain. Heath Ledger's Joker was thee villain of the reboot franchise. Bane was sadistic as fuck, well more than the Joker, but the Joker had something that Bane never, good lines, the shock factor and the scare factor. The Joker was messed up. Bane took down Batman physically whereas the Joker took batman down mentally. You didn't know what was coming next, whereas Bane, you began to know what was coming next, and that is something you don't want. His voice was the best part, like I said, he never had great lines, some were good, but not as cringe worthy as Jokers, but just that voice.......FUCK ME!!!
Story wise, it starts off with "hermit" Bruce Wayne hidden away in his mansion wanting nothing to do with the world. Then he realises that he must rise up and become Batman again because Bane's rolled into town wanting to cause chaos. Batman rises and meets Bane, Batman falls. Batman goes away for a while and learns how to rise again, but this time........stronger! He does and returns to plan his next move on how to take Bane on in round 2. Batman falls slightly again. Batman thinks "FUCK YOU BANE!!!" and comes back for the final round which leads to a triumphant ending. Finally Batman...........well I think I've said too much on that. That's not what the films only about, there are other parts to the film. I'm just saying this so I don't have to type up every bit of detail. You get the just from this. Some sites are doing a full-on spoiler review and telling people not to read it whereas I'm do a short review, without any spoilers at all, which is hard to do with this film. I really can't say much about the story without giving much away. There were times where you did think, "fucking hurry up and get to the point" and I wasn't the only person thinking this, but yes it still was a brilliant film, but it wasn't the best. Now I don't want to give much away if you still haven't seen it yet. You'll know what I mean when I said that it's not "The Dark Knight" but is still really good, I mean Nolan could never do what he did with the last film to this film, it's highly impossible.
At points, the story does drag on which gets really annoying, but then fans are hit with lots of action that make up for the slow parts. And the film is pretty long, like 2 hours and 40 something minutes. Bit more than the last one. It's a good thing and a bad thing. You want to keep seeing more and you wish it never ends, then you're hit with the slow boring parts and then you think the film should've been shorter.
Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman is trying so hard in this film. He truly is fighting for Gotham in this one, I will give him that. There are times where he just gives up and you think, "Get the fuck up!!!" but yeah, Bale is at his best this time round. The scenes with Bane are the breath-taking moments in the film. That and the "rise again" moments, which some times did drag on though, but they got better. He went through shit in this film. He was put to the test from the minute he met Bane to the end! One more thing, I loved the grey side hair that Bale dawned in the film. The grey really gave Wayne a slightly older look as though he's been Batman for like 20 years.
Anne Hathaway's Selina Kyle/Catwoman was indeed the beez-kneez! People didn't take to well to her at first, me included, but when you first see her, she's fucking amazing. I fell in love with her straight away. There's a certain shot in the film where I think Nolan just wanted to please the fan boys. Not telling you which shot, but you'll know what i mean when you see it. If you have seen it, you'll definitely know what I'm talking about!
There are so much characters to talk about and I don't want to give much away on them. Joseph Gordon Levitt should be in a cop film because he's good at playing a cop for sure, so yeah I ain't saying anymore on him. At times, I thought that there was a bit too many characters. Some had more screen time than others, not naming them and others never had enough, again not naming them. I felt as though it was like a mashed up "Avengers" film, and yes I'll probably get kicked in the balls for saying that, but it's true. All characters in "The Avengers" flowed perfectly and all were on and off screen for a certain amount of time, whereas here, they didn't.
Now let's talk about the lead up to the ending of all comic book movie endings. This has got to be the best ending ever thought of in a comic book ending. I was crying, cheering and gob-smacked all at the same time. Like I said above, it's so satisfying and literally rounds up the three films and ties up all the loose ends. The action throughout the end is just full-on. You are at the edge of your seat from the start of the end scenes to the.......well end shot.
All in all I'd give "The Dark Knight Rises" a whopping 8 out of 10. Nolan and the whole cast and crew have done fans proud with this trilogy. Even though the film wasn't perfect, it sure ended a true farewell to the franchise I just hope the next "Batman" will be as good as these ones. Please don't fuck up Warner!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment