Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 29 August 2012

Info Post
YES, the much loved all American TV show that aired between the late 70's and early 90's is back on the screens once more in this updated version, that works as both a reboot and sequel to the original series starring TV legends, Larry Hagman (JR Ewing), Patrick Duffy (Bobby Ewing) and Linda Gray (Sue Ellen Ewing).
The three main original characters are returning to the show 20 years on after it left our screens. They will be accompanied by the new younger generation cast of the show, John Ross Jr. (Josh Henderson), who is JR's son......OBVIOUSLY!!! Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe), who is Bobby's son, and their partners Elena Ramos (Jordana Brewster) and Rebecca Barnes (Julie Gonzalo).
Another newest addition to the 2012 cast is "Desperate Housewives" star Brenda Strong, who will be playing Bobby Ewing's third wife, Ann Ewing.
Now I've never seen "DALLAS" before in my life, but my Mum and Dad used to watch it, Mum mainly. My Mum's favorite character was of course Bobby Ewing. He was the heart-throb of the show back then, but now it seems that Jess Metcalfe, who's playing his son Christopher will be taking that role now. And obviously the new JR of the show, John Ross Jr. played by Josh Henderson will also take that role too, but also as the shows bad boy as well.
Even though I never watched the show, I still knew what the show was about, oil and cattle-ranching businesses. And I know the names of the characters, I even know "who shot JR?", but that's it basically. OH, and it had and still has and awesome theme tune!!!
Here's the original theme and opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rJCJM5jr8o
And here's the link to the new 2012 theme and opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhCJJ7EbUNU
I probably will after seeing the new show go back and make an effort to watch the original TV show also, like buy the seasons cheap on DVD from eBay or somewhere.
I knew that there was rumors of a new version of the show in making and had been for years. A BIG-screen film was set to be getting made a few years back with John Travolta taking on the role of J.R, but the project obviously fell through. But I kind of got excited about this new version when I saw the preview trailer waaaaay last year announcing that it was like a whole year off from hitting our screens. After watching it, I loved it, but then forgot about it, hence why I have posted anything about till now, a week before the UK premiere.
Like I said above, the new series does look very very good and enjoyable to watch for old and well like me, new fans to watch. Hopefully the new series will last longer than other reboot shows, maybe not as long as the original show which lasted for about 13 seasons, but I'm sure 4 or 5 will do this time round. It's already getting a second series, which should begin in the US next Summer.
Here's a links to a few trailers for the new series which has already nearly finished in the US, but is beginning next Wednesday on Channel 5 at 9pm.
Trailer 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOZBnIhRF9Y
Trailer 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d220ZdzdFTQ

0 comments:

Post a Comment