Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 22 May 2012

Info Post
Rumours have started up on the net saying that MGM are getting ready on remaking, not rebooting, but remaking the 60's classic western, "The Magnificent Seven". There's also news that they want Tom Cruise attached to the project in some way. It's said that the film is still a few years off, seeing as they have reportedly only just started the planning stages of it.
I don't know if I can see Cruise playing a cowboy, but I'm just fucking happy that someone has decided to remake "The Seven" because I really want to see a traditional western back on the BIG-screens, well other than Quentin Tarantino's upcoming "Django Unchained". Plus I just want to see how they'd do it now. Will it be all dark and gritty like western TV show "Deadwood" or will they keep it all family friendly like the original with Steve McQueen and Yul Brynner? Only time will tell.
I would love to see a remake of 70's sci-fi western, "Westworld" next if that's possible. Again, would love to see how filmmakers would make it now with the technology that we have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment