Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 23 May 2012

Info Post


Troma are holding auditions today for extras for a new sequel to Class of Nuke Em High (if you're interested, you have to e-mail for a time slot to meet in their New York office!). In typical internet fashion, I started reading about Nuke Em, which led to more Troma, and eventually on to the Toxic Avenger (Troma's deformed mascot).


Even better, it led me on to the Toxic Crusaders, a children's cartoon series based on the film, which is completely mental, because there are no Troma films that are in any way appropriate for kids! But watching the first episode, which was written by THE Chuck Lorre of Big Bang Theory fame, it's actually pretty great. It's a lot like Captain Planet (including the overzealous environmental message), but it has a lot of winks and nods that would go right over a young one's head and make adults giggle. I have to say, I may actually watch all 13 episodes! It does seem like they may be on Youtube handy enough.


On a side note, the way I know about this show is because I had some Toxic Crusader toys when I was a kid. I don't really remember watching the show, but the toys were awesome! It may explain a part of my lifelong fascination with trash and B-movies! Those along with the Aliens toys warped my fragile little brain, right? 


Love ya, ma.





And of course the internet led me down another path, where I found all the Toxic Avenger films on Youtube, along with my favourite Troma film, Terror Firmer, and some Class of Nuke Em High sequels that I have never seen.




So, if you are having a particularly boring day or have decided to junk out of trash cinema, (or maybe you wanna see the original before the remake, which they are apparently doing) let the maestros take you away. Enjoy a stupid amount of Troma!!!


The Toxic Avenger



The Toxic Avenger II



The Toxic Avenger III



The Toxic Avenger IV: Citizen Toxie



Terror Firmer



Class of Nuke Em High II: Subhumanoid Meltdown



Class of Nuke Em High III: The Good, The Bad and the Subhumanoid



Someone out there is now having an awesome trash movie night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment