Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 29 April 2012

Info Post

I live in South Central, very close to USC's campus (I have to due to my job) where some of the riots took place.

And while we have some issues from time to time, life is pretty calm here. It's hard to believe the riots took place right here 20 years ago. It's also hard to believe that issues like race and equality are still a problem.

People around here will tell you that the riots meant more than Rodney King, it was the symbol of inequality and injustice. Folks just had enough of the system and the Rodney King verdict was the final straw.

The message hit the country like a bomb, I think it was then South Central was clearly on the map. Now 20 years later, we move forward. But I wonder if we see something like the L.A. riots again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment