Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 9 February 2010

Info Post

Last weekend we began filming of the local indie film that I am doing FX for. I was going to wait until I had something more exciting to post but then thought you might all appreciate my first experience with film as it truly was. To describe my day in a word? Long.

Filming took place at a house in Cranston, inconveniently located across from a fire station. A couple of scenes had to be redone due to sirens. Tony & I arrived at 4 pm, a great group of guys greeted us and I have to say that I was so relieved to find everyone so easy to get along with, felt like we've known them for years. We spent from 4 to 5:30 chatting and waiting because one of the actors was late. I was briefed on what was needed from me and told that the FX wouldn't come into play until later in the day.

At round 8 we were told to take a 15 minute break (I still hadn't done anything) which turned into a 1½ hour break due to technical difficulties. There was a problem with a boom mic which turned out to be no one knew where the power button was. At 9:30 we began filming again and by 10 I was finally needed and here's the pay off for my long ass day.

Not a good gash like this one. Nope this was me practicing stuff at home.


Or even a beat up face like this one. No Tony didn't give me what for, I did it to myself.


Just a bloody neck. Yup, that's it.

More to come as my experience in film continues. Life's just one big adventure and I intend to explore as much of it as I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment