Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 3 February 2010

Info Post

I’m feeling a little unsure about this topic, but decided to give it a whirl anyway. First, let me start by explaining what inspired it. It was Saturday morning, and I had just received one of my mother’s typical bizarre emails (JPX knows which one I’m referring to and I’m sure he’s laughing). She had just flown to Barbados the day before to attend a funeral and she wanted to inform me of her safe arrival. However, rather than a normal message, such as “I’m here…it was a good flight,” or “I’m here…it was a lousy flight,” she bestowed upon me the following words of wisdom, strangely in a haiku:

Apply to JetBlue

Stewardess met a pilot

Two-carat diamond

So what my mother is saying, is that instead of obtaining a job in the field I just earned my degree from, I should become employed as a flight attendant on the off chance that I might meet a pilot that falls madly in love with me and slips a two-carat diamond on my finger. Sounds like a good plan to me. What does everyone else think?

Anyway, it made me wonder what sorts of things other Horrorthonners parents say, and what they would sound like as a haiku. I’m prepared to hear something about a “pipe in the ass” from JPX, JSP, or both, but from everyone else I have no predictions. I’m crossing my fingers that everyone enjoys this topic, and I can’t wait to see what you all come up with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment