Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 1 September 2012

Info Post

I thought maybe IMDb was glitching or something, but no, it is true, Joe Dante's The Hole is only about to be released in the US market! 

This completely shocked me, because not only was the film made in 2009, but it actually had a proper UK cinema run, with trailers and posters and a release an all. Heck, I have had a copy sitting in my DVD collection for a year. It's not the best film ever, but it certainly didn't deserve to sit on the shelf! I can't seem to find any real reason why it has taken so long to come out, so I'll assume it has to do with no one wanting to put out a horror that isn't found footage, up until that genre was whipped out of sight over the past year.

Do yourself a favour, and see this film. It is a horror aimed at a younger market, but I'll be damned if it didn't bring back the same kind of shivers I got when I first saw Poltergeist. It's a genre legend making a purely entertaining genre film, reminding us of why Joe Dante is considered a legend.

You can read a big fanboy rant for The Hole here, and then get your ass to see it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment