Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 29 December 2011

Info Post
Every year, there are films that stand out and are important for cinema-goers, but 2011 was quite a poor year for any films with any real anticipation behind them. I think it can be agreed, 2012 does not share the same problem.

I'm not exactly breaking new ground with the trailers below, but needless to say, there are an awful lot of films to impatiently wait for in the coming months.

PROMETHEUS
Ridley Scott's prequel(ish) to Alien. I am very VERY excited for this one.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
I have my worries about director Christopher Nolan being able to top The Dark Knight, but this trailer does look pretty great, even with Bane's ridiculous muffled voice. Fingers crossed it breaks the streak of Spider-Man and X-Men and delivers a good closing to the trilogy.

THE HOBBIT part 1
I enjoyed the book and the previous Lord of the Rings films. Here's to hoping the adaptation lives up to the hype (instead of being boring, which the trailer kind of implies it will be).

REC 3
Though straying away from the found footage tactic that has successfully worked for the previous 2 installments, REC 3 looks like it is going to be a hell of a ride. Watch out for it in March.

THE WOMAN IN BLACK
I'm really not a Daniel Radcliffe fan and the new Hammer Horrors output has been, well, abysmal seems too tame a word. I have to say though, the trailer seems like we might have a nice creepy film on our hands. Then again, there is an awful lot of potential for it to suck too. 50/50 chance, really.

PIRANHA 3DD
Ok, this one might suck horribly, or might be a good old romp, assuming it is as absurd as the first one. The fact that it has the Hoff in it and Ving Rhames has shotgun legs should kind of answer that one for me.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
I was a big fan of Sam Raimi's films (bar Spider-Man 3), so the decision to reboot a recent series that was still full of life is kind of ridiculous to me, and the trailer isn't exactly making me brim with excitement, but I'm a big webhead, so I'll be seeing it any way. Damn you.

THE CABIN IN THE WOODS
A Joss Whedon penned flick about kids being hunted in the woods, but with a twist! I can imagine this being really bad. I'm wrong an awful lot though.

THE DEVIL INSIDE
I know nothing about this film bar the fact it looks like it is going to be amazing! Don't Last Exorcist it up, Devil Inside!

MEN IN BLACK 3
I had to include it, for old times sake.

GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE
Nicolas 'THE BEEEEEEEEESSSSS' Cage returns as the flaming skull known as Ghost Rider, who is such a ridiculously awesome visual idea, it is amazing how wrong the first film got it, but judging by this trailer, they finally realised when your lead character is a flaming skull, the only way to go is insane.

Other films to keep an eye on, that haven't released trailers yet:
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter: I know nothing of this film, except that some people are very excited for it. I'll reserve my judgement until I see a trailer.
Resident Evil: Retribution: I am almost shamefully a big fan of the Resident Evil films, even if the combined IQ of all of them is less than a smart dog, so I will gladly enjoy another 100 minutes of stupid poppy CGI action. In 3D!
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D: For some reason, I am losing faith that this will be any good, but I am always up for some Leatherface action, and Bill 'The Devil's Rejects' Moseley is always good in my books.
Total Recall: Wait, this remake happened? Damn...

Well, these are the films that I think will make 2012 a great year for film. Any other flicks I may have missed? Comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment