Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 14 November 2010

Info Post
Well, here I am.


I've only ever really half-heartedly blogged with MySpace being my trusty safe home for years now but a certain friend (you know who you are!) demanded I get a real blog.


And now we're here.


I'll keep it brief for now. Think of this as an introduction (though if anyone I don't personally know reads this I will be shocked). My name is Richard and I am an aspiring 'filmmaker'. I use brackets because I find it very cringy to associate myself to a career without having any sense of perspective on what I am declaring myself to be without question. I also make music (though you may prefer to describe it more as noise). I used to write stories/poetry/lyrics/whatnot, but it has been a long time and what I have written was born out of angst and is really just blackmail material for those who get their hands on it.


On my previous blog, I had a tendency to go on long diatrides and rant in a nonsensical manner, so I shall try avoid that here for as long as I can. I might try ease in to things by looking at film and music bits first. We'll see where I go from there.


So, that is the intro over. Time for some business.




I graduated from college last year and am currently working in the same college as the Artist In Residence (essentially a lackey for the tutors and a lifeline for new students). One job requirement is to make pieces throughout the year, which I am more than happy to oblige, as I really enjoy shooting films and the entire soul-destroying process.


Recently, I made a music video for local Swansea grunge/rock band Judge Tuxedo. It is maybe the most professional thing I have made so far and I want to share it with all. A few quick details on it: 


-Shot on Canon 7D
-Crewed by the amazing talents Alison Scarff, Maria Owen and Andrew Hamley
-Shot on 10/10/10 (and we finished at about 10.10pm, go figure)
-Released on 31/10/10, which is quite quick but also slower than I would have liked. It would have been ready 3 days after we shot it had I not had work commitments.


The entire experience was fun and educational. The band were sweethearts- I mean, badasses. The crew were talented and exactly what you;d want from a crew. I would love to repeat the experience again and hopefully more bands will see the video and will say 'you know what? We should ask this guy to make a video for us'. This will be followed by them throwing a bag of money at me (in my dreams). I would love to have a career at this since it seems to be something I truly love and am somewhat good at. Now just to get everything moving along so I can make more music vids and that elusive feature film!


But for now, please enjoy my most professional looking piece: Judge Tuxedo's Nothing On Me:

Judge Tuxedo - Nothin On Me from Richard Waters on Vimeo.





Well, I guess I went on a bit longer than I was planning. If anyone read this (ALL of this), God help you.



0 comments:

Post a Comment