Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 18 November 2012

Info Post
For the next 30 days, I will be giving my fingers short bursts of exercise by completing the 30 Day Horror Challenge, found here. Hopefully it will give you a bit of insight into what horror is for me. Don't forget to check back every day for a new instalment.

Of course, in typical me fashion, not only have I fallen behind, but I have consistently fallen behind and lied about getting through this 30 Day Horror Challenge. BUT, being one to argue, if we look at time in all its definitions, the simplest one being that it is all relative, to some poor souls out there who have stumbled across this blog, I have yet to miss a day, but have in fact presented all the days in one go so far... Ok, ok, long story short; lots of work, laptop go boom, I'm a horrible person. Let's just get on with the show;


Day 08: A terrifying inanimate object.

This one actually stumped me for quite awhile (7 years, I think. Time is relative yadda yadda), but in the end, it could never be anything but the Lament Configuration from the Hellraiser series. Very simply, a puzzle box that, when solved, opens a portal to another universe/dimension, which is inhabited by the ghastly Cenobites (led by the ever popular Pinhead). These creatures then inflict the most torturous pain on the puzzle solver, providing what they say is explicit pleasure (that whole blurry line and the likes). The terror comes from the fact that the puzzle box itself is just so innocuous. It is actually downright attractive. But some unsuspecting person, even a child, could bring about an eternity of suffering for themselves by accident. And the box really isn't that hard to solve, so you know there are plenty of people who only solved it because they had a spare 5 minutes and they left their Sudoko at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment