Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 2 March 2010

Info Post


In the last four months, I've gone from Old Man That Couldn't Possibly Care ("Lady Gaga? Why should I even give half a shit about her?") to New Hip Man That Thinks She's Great. Due in large part to Octo's latest post about "Bad Romance." I'll be damned if it wasn't the catcheist thing I've heard in forever, but also that, in examining her larger body of work, I was floored by the fact that this is the kind of shit I wanted to see pop culture doing 10 years ago with the advent of the millennium. Let's hear how things are going to sound in the future, fucktards.

[As a sidebar, I was mistakenly misled by about two hours when I first heard Orgy's cover of "Blue Monday." It sounded familiar, but yet fresh and new, and I remember thinking, YES - future music! Finally it's here! Sadly, it turned out that the band was dogshit, and that it was just a crappy cover.]

I just downloaded all her shit (as well as Fear Factory's new album - gritty industrial heavy speed metal, and I see no contradiction in this), and I'll be goddamned if she isn't doing some seriously awesome great pop stuff, which I happen to find seriously catchy.

Madonna is rolling over in her Botox grave, thankful that her mantle is passed to Lady Gaga, and not Britney "5 kids and I'm fat-not-fat-oh-shit-I'm-fat-again-and-I've-had-some-kids" Spears.

Well-delivered, Octo. And in no way am I ashamed to say that Lady Gaga's songs are in my iPod mix.

Along with Fear Factory. Which shreds.


As I said before, I'd totally do her. The whole hermaphrodite thing is total bullshit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment